Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Shrew does Admin


1) Yes, I know Buzzscope's on the fritz. It's temporary. (Sadly, it means some reviews of books I'm most excited about are currently inaccessible.)

2) Because of the recent avalanche of spam comments, I've enabled Blogger's word verification for comments. The alternative is to require Blogger registration or eliminate comments altogether and while I may not always respond to comments, I do read and enjoy them.

All this means is that when you comment, before you hit "publish" you have to copy down the nonsensical stream of characters (i.e., the "word") in the provided box. It's an annoyance, but a minor one compared to logging in and deleting the spam that comes with every new post.

(Also a reminder: if you don't have a Blogger account, choose the "Other" option and give yourself a nick.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cullen M. M. Waters said...

From someone else being hit with spam, you have my condolences.

Wed Aug 24, 02:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Ed Cunard was telling me awhile back when Comics Should Be Good was getting hit by a lot of spam that I should just use Haloscan.

Maybe I should.

And maybe you should try it as well.

Thu Aug 25, 05:53:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home