Sunday, March 13, 2005

ADAM STRANGE #6

Looking at this while ignoring the giant, pink, tutu'ed elephant over there on the couch (namely that this is the first part of the Rann/Thanagar War event), this was rather fun in the way the entire mini has been thus far -- good, clean, pulpy entertainment.

First the Omega Men and now L.E.G.I.O.N. are in the story as Adam gets more clues that lead him to Rann and he gets the answer to one important question, if not half a dozen others that are still burning. Vril Dox outplays Adam and his buddies, but loses a game of chicken because nobody in that family ever truly understands the nature of a bluff.

Having little experience with either the Omega Men or L.E.G.I.O.N., I'd like to think that this was a rather approachable issue in terms of the history of those two groups not really mattering to the plot. We get the gist and that's enough. I will admit to having a slight problem keeping my interest up during the Thanagar moments -- which bothers me because I adore the Hawks and did the silly fangirl dance when I filled my Hawkworld gap -- but I can't help feeling toward them the way I do toward the Qward over in Busiek's JLA: I know they matter, I just can't bring myself to care overmuch.

Andy Diggle had a few moments of awkward dialogue, but considering the scale of what he's juggling, it's not a killer. Pascal Ferry's art remains a definite selling point of the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home